Constituency Review Submission from Christy McDonnell
Submission ID: S381
To whom it may concern,
Please see below
The neighbouring villages of Rathcoole, Saggart, Brittas and Newcastle are situated in Dublin Mid West.
- They collaborate on community projects, including Tidy Towns initiative, right throughout the year.
- The Rathcoole Community Centre is the only current functioning Community Centre for the 4 villages and hosts events, classes and groups from right across the 4 Districts.
- Rathcoole hosts a 4 Districts Senior Citizens Christmas Party every year for residents throughout Newcastle, Rathcoole, Saggart and Brittas.
- A 4 Districts Family Fun Day takes place in the Rathcoole Community Centre for younger families throughout the areas.
- The primary schools in Brittas, Saggart and Newcastle are all feeder schools for the Rathcoole secondary school.
- The villages of Saggart, Rathcoole and Newcastle are all linked to the urban centre of Clondalkin through their local bus route: 68 and 69.
The community spirit of these rural villages makes it a truly unique place in Dublin and I would ask that the Electoral Commission ensure that the four villages are kept in the same constituency.
Chairperson of Rathcoole Community Council