Constituency Review Submission from Councillor Tom O Leary
Councillor Tom O Leary
Submission ID: S218
Submission to Electoral Commission
Draft Population stats census 2022
- Swords Lea 55,239
- Balbriggan Lea 40,344
Balbriggan Skerries Loughshinny
- Rush Lusk Lea 39,981
Donabate and Rural Fingal Villages
North Fingal now at 80,325 per CSO 2022
- Projected Additional Population via zoned residential lands in the Fingal Development Plan 2023-2029
Lissenhall 7000 Homes
Rush Lusk 6000
say 17,000 x 2.5 per homes =
- 42,500 new population over next 6+ years.
- Taking into consideration the current population in the 3 lea wards in Dublin North Fingal
- The natural geographical configuration of the towns up along the coast from Balbriggan on to Skerries
Loughshinny Rush Lusk Donabate
And inland across rural Fingal
- I would ask that this area be considered and future proofed as a 3 Seater Constituency ( at least if not a 4 seater ) also noting that there is considerable land zoned Residential in this area and towns.
- My estimation is that 40,000 new residents will live in this area over the next years where building land is available and where metro dublin will be established ( lissenhall).
So I would make the case that this area as outlined above 3 wards and lissenhall is suitable for either a 3 seater constituency or 4 seater if account is taken of the future new resident population that will live here.
Cllr Tom OLeary