Constituency Review Submission from Rathcoole Tidy Towns – Iggy Keane
Rathcoole Tidy Towns – Iggy Keane
Submission ID: S532
To whom it concerns,
I write on behalf of Rathcoole Tidy Towns. We wish to state that we feel it is in the best interests of Rathcoole to continue to be linked with Saggart, Newcastle and Brittas or the 4 Districts as they are known due to historical, cultural, and family ties. Also existing services such Day Care Centre, Community Centre and Health Centres are interlinked in these areas.
Also the following points should be considered:
The neighbouring villages of Rathcoole, Saggart, Brittas and Newcastle are situated in Dublin Mid West.
- They collaborate on community projects, including Tidy Towns initiative, right throughout the year.
- The Rathcoole Community Centre is the only current functioning Community Centre for the 4 villages and hosts events, classes and groups from right across the 4 Districts.
- Rathcoole hosts a 4 Districts Senior Citizens Christmas Party every year for residents throughout Newcastle, Rathcoole, Saggart and Brittas.
- A 4 Districts Family Fun Day takes place in the Rathcoole Community Centre for younger families throughout the areas.
- The primary schools in Brittas, Saggart and Newcastle are all feeder schools for the Rathcoole secondary school.
- The villages of Saggart, Rathcoole and Newcastle are all linked to the urban centre of Clondalkin through their local bus route: 68 and 69.
The community spirit of these rural villages makes it a truly unique place in Dublin and we would ask that the Electoral Commission ensure that the four villages are kept in their current constituency of Dublin Mid West.